cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Intermittently Cutting Out

garetht1985
Tuning in

Having a tricky issue and looking for some help. 

Throughout the day, my internet cuts out for a minute or so before reconnecting. Seems to happen more when I’m using more bandwidth, particularly video conferencing with work. The WiFi signal remains active but I lose all connection. Happens to all devices simultaneously so can’t be the work laptop or anything like that. Happens far less frequently on evenings and weekends so at a loss on what could cause it. 

Issue started maybe 6 weeks ago but has grown more frequent ever since. Starting to impact my home working, particularly as I’m the guy who keeps disappearing from video calls!

Router is a Superhub 3 and it’s a 100mb fibre connection that was flawless up until this issue. 

All suggestions appreciated, cheers 

82 REPLIES 82

Due to the nature of the fault it isn't one that will appear on our service page I'm afraid. 

Due to demand for the services and users using the services in your area we need to complete some upgrade work to meet the demand. Once this has been completed any issues like drop outs and loss of service will resolved. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma,

Based on your feedback, repairs were meant to have taken place yesterday. Unfortunately the problem is no better, if anything it's actually worse. Please can you confirm the work has been completed? If yes, then I think the problem was not related to the works mentioned.

Thanks

Hi,

The problem is persisting and I've not received a response. Could someone please take a look?

Thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi LLrythomas94,

thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🙂
I have had a look at your account and can see you are affected by an outage. The reference for this is F007911741 the estimated fix date is the 28 OCT 2020 15:30

thanks,

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

It's a shame it has taken so long for a response. In the meantime I called up and was told that there were repair works being done on October 16th.

So there have been repair works on October 6th, October 16th and now October 28th also?

Seems like there are constantly repair works ongoing. Can you explain what the outage is and what the repair works being done are?

Thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

the outage has been ongoing please let us know if it does not improve after the estimated fix date

thanks

Zoie

I have this problem as well - exact same situation for about 6 months. Very frustrating. Postcode AL5. Would be good to know what's actually going on in a bit more detail. Thanks. 

@mjlynch30 wrote:

I have this problem as well - exact same situation for about 6 months. Very frustrating. Postcode AL5. Would be good to know what's actually going on in a bit more detail. Thanks. 

Which problem is that?

Please start your own thread. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

The same one as the other people on this thread!

I know it needs a new ticket to get 'resolved' so I'll start a new one (by copying and pasting the information)

Here's a link to the new thread btw:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Internet-cutting-out-intermittently/m-p/444...

Hi Zoie,

After the scheduled works on Oct 28th, the problem seemed to be fixed for a month or so. However, in recent weeks, the problem has returned.

Could someone let me know if there is something being done to fix the issue?

Thanks