cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Frequently Disconnects

js2015
Joining in

Hello All, 

Over the last few weeks my internet frequently disconnects. Basically all devices lose connection for around a minute or so, then they reconnect themselves.  Sometimes I have to reboot the HUB3 to make them reconnect.  

It's not the WiFi signal as the devices are plugged in directly to the router.  

I think there's an issue in the area, but the phone support said they can't send an engineer out to sort the issue out yet as apparently it will fix it self (which it hasn't yet!) 

Please can someone advise as this is becoming rather frustrating.

THanks

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If there is a known issue - VM wont book a Tech visit until that is fixed (makes sense really).

To check if there is, try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

But also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I've been experiencing frequent disconnects for the past month. 

This morning it was impossible to listen to a radio station or an audiobook on a WiFi speaker group for more than a few minutes at a time.  At one point the WiFi was down for around ten minutes.  The WiFi speed was 44.4 down and an upload test was not possible. 

I checked the Status Page yet again only to receive the same message as always, that this is a problem in the EN8 area and if it is still the same in 23 hours, to call to fix an engineer's appointment.  I always receive this same message. 

Currently, the WiFi is up and running but this is unlikely to remain stable for more than a couple of hours, based on experience. I have tried rebooting the router often but that doesn't help at all.  The WiFi signal from router to device is always 'strong' and the router light is almost always steady white.

As this problem is intermittent, it is very difficult to speak to a human about it and it's very frustrating.

Penny

Hey Foxy9212, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

I can see there is a short term issue in your area this is lasting until tomorrow.

Please can you reach back out tomorrow if this issues is still there. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thank you for your response Matt and I shall do as you say.

Regards, Penny