Menu
Roestudent
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet Cuts Out

Hello,

I have my internet all set up, and it's on my desk all plugged in. I am getting full bars as I am next to it, but as I go to use google or something, I will get the no internet connection page despite still having full bars. This happens a few times randomly throughout the day/night. The light on my Hub is white and no flashing green or anything either.

Is there any explanation for this? It's a new hub as we only moved into my student accommodation at the beginning of the month. I have the VIVID 200 Optical Fibre package.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Cuts Out

Which model of Hub do you have?  What devices are dropping out ? Is it only affecting wifi or do devices connected by ethernet cable also drop out ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roestudent
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think it's the 3.0 and I've only noticed it cutting out on laptops. It seems fine at the moment, it hasn't played up since I created the post, so maybe I panicked too quickly. I didn't try with the ethernet though because it's more than one laptop in the house that it affected I found out.
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Roestudent

Thanks for the update, pleased to hear that you've not any further trouble since the original post. 

I've also run a few follow up checks on your service from this and all looks to be in good shape...just drop a quick post if you have any further problems or queries.

Ta

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules