cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Connect keeps dropping

theprash
Just joined

My broadband connect keeps dropping were 3 to 5 minutes. 

This happens whether I'm using an Ethernet connection or WIFI.

I have unplugged all connections. Reset the router. Restarted the router multiple times, but this continues to happen. 

Service Checker tells me there's an issue with my connection and that if the problem persists I will be assisted to get an engineer. 

The problem has been persisting since Friday 16 September 2022.

No improvement since then and no sight of a engineer. 

Are there any issues being addressed in the Waterlooville, Hants, area?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check for known faults in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check for known faults in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Many thanks, have checked out the Check service page, which says no issues while the internet is briefly up. But will note the number and check status with them

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @theprash

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about your broadband connection issues.

How has your connection been over the past couple of days? Have you noticed any improvement at all? Please do provide us with an update.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs