Menu
Conqueror86
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet Cable has been cut accidentally

Hi everyone,

We decided to renew our driveway today, unfortunately they cut the cable accidentally, as they told the engineer need to put some cover on the cable but they didnt.

then I tried to fix it with some connector but I couldn’t fix it, after that I called VM to inform the issue, but they told me earliest time is going to be Monday, I have tried to explain I need to fix it urgent because I work at home, then they connected me another person but that guy as well couldn’t help me too,

Now I have to wait 4 days without internet. Is there anyway I can get it tomorrow?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Cable has been cut accidentally

tomorrows appointments will already be booked out.
you got the earliest available on monday, which isn't bad considering it's a residential package and the SLAs that are applicable.

if you need an internet connection for work then you would need a business grade package that has business level SLAs.
or, if internet is crucial then revert to your backup solution whilst it is down.
0 Kudos
Conqueror86
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I just need internet as work tomorrow and day after tomorrow, normally I need internet in my work place.

Thanks for the information 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1) Even if the cable had been put in trunking, the type Virgin use only provides basic protection. If you want more robust protection you have to provide it yourself.

2) A repair of the cable is dependent on there being enough slack for a joint to be put in. If there isn’t enough, a repull to the cabinet is required, which is a two man job & will result in further delays.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I always recommend a data-only SIM card in a MiFi router for emergency use. You get a hotspot for mobile devices and if you choose a router with an Ethernet port you get wired internet.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos