cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Access Refused

comicals
Joining in

Since getting a Virgin Media Hub 3.0 I have been unable to access the internet on my work-based laptop using fortisnet VPN. I always get 'No internet,secured' although I have no problem connecting with other computers. It has been suggested to me the Virgin may have put a block on the use of Fortisclient fortisnet VPN.

Has anyone else had similar problems or know whether this is true?

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM can be blamed for everything these days so before you blame VM put hub in modem mode and test then if it works you can blame VM router mode and if it don't more then likely your works end is blocking you because you have a new WAN IP.

Also try using another DNS

---------------------------------------------------------------

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Should the suggested DNS route not work make sure Advanced Network Error Search is disabled and try again.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

Connect to the Virgin Media online account and check the Web Safe settings.
For us a range of popular office VPN works fine with :

Virus Safe - Enabled
Child Safe - Disabled.     - if Enabled most VPNs / social media messengers / teleconf calls fail to connect.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @comicals, thanks for your post on our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that there's been issues connecting to the VPN you're work uses.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to run the diagnostic advised by @legacy1?

It may also be worth raising this with your employers IT team, to see if there have been any work arounds they've discovered or are aware of.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn