cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InternEt down

Wolfiebaby
On our wavelength

Is anyone else having issues with the internet keep cutting out every few seconds? 

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
have you checked the service status?

The most useful and up to date info comes from the 0800 561 0061 number. Try that to see if there are any faults that the web service hasn't picked up!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

It keeps saying there is none but my service has been intermittent since early hours this morning 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Every thing is dropping out I spoke to virgin and the person said he sent something to the hub, it worked for about an hour and is now dropping out again. I was also told they was open till 10pm but tried to call again and they are closed. 

As for all that technical stuff you said I'm really sorry but I'm not to tech savvy and don't understand 😔

I have fiber optic and it seems to have this issue when ever it rains, I've been told they will send a tech to the box the cables connect to, this was last month. When it first started to happen

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I thought my "instructions" are pretty clear - even for non Tech savvy people - what dont you understand about them?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Wolfiebaby,

Thanks for your recent post! Sorry to hear you've been experiencing frequent drop-outs this sounds very frustrating.

How have things been over the last couple of days? Are you still having these issues?

Let us know and we'll be able to investigate further for you 🙂

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It happened yesterday and the day before but so far today its been ok, but it seems to start around 9pm in the evening so I'll see how it is later. 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Wolfiebaby,

Thanks for your reply and sorry again you're having this issue especially in the evenings.

I have been able to locate your account using the details you've registered to forums with and have ran some checks in the meantime. I can see that you do have some downstream and upstream channels out of spec - this is something which would require a tech visit.

I'd like to get this booked in for you, so will just confirm a couple of details with you via private message. Please keep an eye out on the purple envelope at the top of the page and get back to me at your earliest convenience 🙂 

Kind regards, 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide