cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent wifi

Kevinmcg16
Tuning in

Good evening, for 5 days now my Hub 3 wifi keeps dropping off. There is a solid light on my Hub 3 and my Virgin Tv box can access the internet through the Ethernet connection. However the wifi will not allow my devices, tablet, phone, tv to “join the network”. Any advice is much appreciated 

18 REPLIES 18

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kevinmcg16,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having problems with your Wi-Fi service. I've taken a look at things on our end, and cannot see any issues being identified. I can see some devices are connected to the network and have a signal. When attempting to connect the devices, are you seeing any specific errors on your device?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thanks for coming back to me Reece, the error I get is “cannot connect to the VM 123456 network”. Right now it’s working absolutely fine, however unable to use wifi from 10pm last night and again intermittently this morning. My devices can see the network in their settings however seems that they cannot at time connect or sustain that wifi connection 

And right on cue all devices are now unable to connect to the network 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Reece, apologies for the number of messages, however this problem is escalating and the wifi is cutting out more regularly now. I work from home and it’s vital that I have this resolved asap. I have followed all help guides and if there is no problem that you can identify. It leaves an issue with the router? For info, some of the devices that have not connected have not had this problem at my parents who also have virgin. Could you arrange an engineer to fix this please?

Hi @Kevinmcg16,

I am sorry you're having some ongoing issues connecting your devices to WiFi.

I've ran some more checks and again no issues showing up this end. 

Are you able to connect using Ethernet?

Have you carried out a factory reset on the hub?

Could you advise which devices you are having issues with specifically?

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha, 

devices affected are my iPhone, iPad, television, works laptop and daughters iPad. My virgin box is connected by Ethernet and is working absolutely fine, it’s simply the wifi connectivity that is dropping constantly.

I have followed all the self help guides online such as reset and the problem persists.

Thank you for that information Kevinmcg16.

To confirm, have you been able to use the Virgin Media Connect App? 

^Martin

Hi Martin, yeah I have tried this. After 4 attempts the app connected to my wifi, the previous 3 attempts it stated it could not find the hub. My issue still remains and has now persisted for 2 weeks….. is there a solution in sight? As it feels like I have to just put up with this which is totally unacceptable 

Can anyone help with this? 3 weeks with poor to non existent wifi. Webcast states they cannot facilitate or deal with any more faults at this time?!?!