cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent wifi

philecowan
Just joined

Hi there - I have moved house and upgraded to the M500 - this is super quick, but every 2 hours or so it disconnects from all devices for approx 30 seconds and then reconnects (this is a pain as I work from home and keep getting kicked out of meetings).  I have restarted and reset but it is impossible to speak to a human being about it - every option I try the automated system asks if my wifi is working and when I say yes they wish me a happy day and that is that - well of course it was working then at that moment but the issue is that every couple of hours it kicks me out.  My two questions are a) is this a common issue and b) how do I speak to a human being at Virgin Media?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Firstly... Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi philecowan,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your internet connection dropping and I can see that our VIP jbrennand has jumped in to provide some advice. It would be great if you could answer the questions they have asked 🙂 

Checking the account, everything is looking as it should be from here. power levels and signals are great and there is nothing going on in your area. 

It's always worth checking here as a first stop point. From that link, you'll be able to check if there's a fault in the area, test your line, replace your equipment or book an engineer visit if it's needed.

These links will also help to keep things tip top for you: 

Give them a try and if you are still having an issue please pop back and let us know how you are connecting so we can help you further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs