Menu
Dora2018
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent wifi and devices not connecting

For the past week our wifi has been intermittently dropping, as in our two laptops while working from home. However the internet is still on and the hun brings up no errors. 

Since being advised to reboot and reset we now have certain devices not being able to connect or find our wifi. 

when we have run a diagnostic test it says we have issues with our wifi. Not very helpful! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent wifi and devices not connecting

What Hub model do you have (printed on its label)?

If you connect a laptop to the Hub by ethernet cable what happens on that when a wifi connected device drops out?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dora2018
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When plugged into Ethernet it is fine only wifi. We have a hub 3.0.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

May I suggest that you download and install a Wi-Fi analyser to show if there are any foreign Wi-Fi broadcasts interfering with your own Wi-Fi signals and the locations that have poor signal strengths..

From there you can look at refining your own Wi-Fi broadcasts.

I use this one ...

WiFi Analyzer Premium - Apps on Google Play

wifi-2

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos