cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent "SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;" - how to get engineer to come?

gharkness
Tuning in

This community is really useful - thanks all.

I've got the same issue that many have reported previously where internet connectivity drops out intermittently, with network logs like this:

14/02/2022 15:13:6Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
14/02/2022 15:12:58criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I can provide other data if that helps but, from reading other posts here, it feels like I need to get an engineer to come.

Unfortunately, I can't even get through to speak to a real person in Customer Services.  The automated systems just seem to test my connectivity - which is 99/100 _working_ - and they then direct me towards instructions for fixing my internal network, which is categorically not faulty 🙂

Any ideas how I can navigate VM Customer Services?

25 REPLIES 25

Hi @gharkness. Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues! There is no longer an area outage showing that should be affecting you. 
Having had a look on our systems the signals coming into your hub are looking good! But I can see alot of disconnections happening, particularly within the last week. We need to get a technician booked out to you as soon as possible to get this sorted! I will send you a PM to get a couple of details confirmed, and we will book this in for you. You will find the PM in the top right corner of your page. 

All the best. 

Molly

Thank you!
PM sent.
G

Hi,

My engineer was booked to come today, but I got a text cancelling the visit - because there had been a fault identified in the local area that was likely the cause of my problem.  That had been fixed, so there wasn't any need for the engineer to come.

That seemed fine - I hadn't seen a dropout since Monday evening (21 Feb) so all looked well.

However, they've started again this afternoon!

Multiple instances of the same critical errors as before:

Network Log

23/02/2022 15:49:52criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Help 😐

G

Thanks for coming back to us @gharkness. How is your connection running right now? 

I have checked our systems and cannot see any issues at the moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for getting back in touch.

It's been stable since yesterday morning. Neighbours reported that Virgin had told them that they'd made a fix.

It was fixed for a day or so last week, and then broke again. Fingers crossed this fix sticks.

Thanks, G

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi gharkness, 

Thank you for getting back to us and updating the thread. 

We are happy to hear things have improved but do please get in touch if you have any questions or further issues and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks

Nat