cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent/poor internet speed

monkeynut5
On our wavelength

Hi,

I have been experiencing very poor intermittent broadband speeds for over a week. Mainly in the morning but for the last couple of days it has become persistent throughout the day and is now unusable. It seemed to get worse after some planned work in my area (PO16)

I've got a Hub 3.0.

If someone could take a look that would be appreciated.

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Downstream power is too high, should be in the range -6 to +10.   Far too many T3 errors as well.

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and advise on the next step.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

monkeynut5
On our wavelength

Some screenshots from the Hub if this helps.

Hub 1.jpgScreenshot 2022-09-09 at 08.49.07.jpgScreenshot 2022-09-09 at 08.49.18.jpgScreenshot 2022-09-09 at 08.49.55.jpg

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Downstream power is too high, should be in the range -6 to +10.   Far too many T3 errors as well.

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and advise on the next step.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

monkeynut5
On our wavelength

Thanks for your insight and reply. Hopefully someone will pick this up soon.

Hi monkeynut5,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been suffering an intermittent connection recently, I was able to, locate you on our system with the details for you and can see there is an SRN fault (Signal to Noise Ratio) this si caused by a faulty or exposed cable making noise on the Network, this was raised on 19th August @ 19:09 and the estimated fix time is 13/09/22 @ 09:00, apologies for any inconvenience caused

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul,

It is very frustrating so hopefully this will be a fix.

The connection seems to be failing either in the evening or first thing in the morning. Would that be consistent with this fault or something else affecting the service ?

Alex

Hi @monkeynut5,

I hope you're doing well. I've checked over things for you today due to the advised estimated fix date/time of the fault my colleague mentioned passing, and from what I can see it appears to now be resolved.

Can you confirm if your issues are ongoing today, or has the fault been alleviated for you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

monkeynut5
On our wavelength

Hi Zach,

Thanks for checking.

Yes all seems to working well again. No connection drop outs and upload/download speeds as they should be.

Thanks again.

Alex

Hey Monkeynut5,

Thank you for reaching back out, really glad to hear everything is now as it should be with no dropouts and your speeds both upload and download are where expected and the SNR issue is resolved.

If you do have any further issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.