cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent or poor quality internet

Lincsgem
Joining in

Experiencing issues with intermittent internet for the past couple of months but it’s got much worse this week.  We’ve moved the router, checked all connections and rebooked several times. This morning I have no connection at all.  Following another reboot, all I’m getting is a green flashing light.  Reading comments from other residents on social media, this seems to be happening to several people but Virgin are reporting no issues found.  I work from home and cannot operate with the internet.  Can someone please Assist!

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you tried the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lincsgem

Welcome to the community 

Really sorry to hear that your having intermittent issues with your internet at this time. I have checked the systems and cannot see a reason at our side that would be causing this issue today. I can see that there was an outage on 3rd August which has now been resolved. 

Are you still experiencing the same issues after this date? Does this affect both your wired devices and your devices connected via a WiFi connection?  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

Not really, it went off again today which meant I lost connection during a meeting.  Im finding the connection weak and difficult to maintain around the house.  
The router has been moved to a clear space with no obstructions, but not made any difference.

Hi Lincsgem

Thanks for coming back to the thread. How did you move the router sorry? As I can't see an order booked in for a tech to do so. 

If you're still having issues, please download the Connect App - https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app - this will then allow you to do a wireless scan in the property. It'll attempt to optimise the connection where possible and if a Pod is needed, you'll be prompted to order.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill