cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet

Julee
Joining in

Good evening,

After numerous calls to Virgin and numerous resets of our router we are still experiencing problems with buffering , freezing , pixelating tv ! I have upgraded to the biggest WiFi package on offer . At the most there are only 2  Tv’s using fire sticks  and maybe one phone using the WiFi . This has been happening for about a year now ( at our old house and now at our new house . Two different locations) . I’m certain it’s our hub , light at the bottom has been red for months now , never used to be . 
At my wits end now as we can’t enjoy watching tv without constant interruptions.

Help please .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Possibly "upgrading" when the previous package wasn't working properly may not have been such a good idea.  The vast majority of households don't ever stretch a 100 Mbps connection, and if the hub is showing a red LED then it's faulty.

I'll mark this for the staff to advise, and they'll probably get a technician out to take a look.  If VM have previous insisted that the connection was OK and there was nothing wrong, and that was material to upgrading you may want to examine the formal complaints "code of practice" with a view to getting compensation for that, although chances are you'll be fobbed off and need to involve CISAS.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Possibly "upgrading" when the previous package wasn't working properly may not have been such a good idea.  The vast majority of households don't ever stretch a 100 Mbps connection, and if the hub is showing a red LED then it's faulty.

I'll mark this for the staff to advise, and they'll probably get a technician out to take a look.  If VM have previous insisted that the connection was OK and there was nothing wrong, and that was material to upgrading you may want to examine the formal complaints "code of practice" with a view to getting compensation for that, although chances are you'll be fobbed off and need to involve CISAS.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Julee

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll PM you now to get an engineer visit out for the router.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you

Thanks for joining us on PM Julee.

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in for you.

This can be tracked and/or altered in your online account

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill