Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent internet drop off, Network OK

0 Kudos
bob2207
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 44
Flag for a moderator

It was the hub all along .... took over 2 months to get it swapped out. The "normal" customer service process failed miserably and none  of the engineers took any sort of ownership of the issue or applied common sense when confronted with my problem. Without help from Jen_A of the Forum Team I don't know where we would be now.

It took letters to the CEO with BQM graphs and countless (daily) emails to Chief Exec Office with BQM data to get this issue any attention. Even then it took them well over 3 weeks before anyone actually tried to contact me to discuss the problem. In the end, once I had proved it was the hub all along, I got (grudgingly) a credit for 2 months worth of charges ... doesn't go anywhere near compensating for the time, effort and stress of getting the problem recognised and dealt with.

Mofolo
Joining in
Message 43 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for reviving this old thread. I am having the same problems. Intermittent connection - no lasting for a couple of month. Already received a new router but still not working. As Virgin calls the router "hub" as well, what did you mean by saying they swapped your hub? You are not talking about the router but the exchange I suppose? Btw I am area 03 as well (CR7). 

0 Kudos
bob2207
On our wavelength
Message 44 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Yes I am talking about the Router, the Hub 3.0 which they eventually changed.

Bob.