Ben_N

0 Kudos
bob2207
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent internet drop off, Network OK

Ben, hi.

Things are as bad as ever. I've just drafted a letter of complaint which I'll be sending to Swansea today. It includes extracts from Router Error Log and BQM graphs for the last 6 days. Some of the outages now last several hours and require a reboot. These ones happen late at night or in the early hours ..  when I would have thought there was "Low Utilisation" of the network.

I can't believe everyone I've spoken to just accepts that this issue will take another month to fix ... and all that I get offered is credits if I don't complain!

Don't seem to be able to post the BQM graphs so you and others can see what's going on. It's a mess.

Bob.

0 Kudos
Radub
Joining in
Message 33 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about your problems, bob2207. I read through all your posts in this thread as I believed I had the same issue as you, but it turns out I actually don't.

Funny how you've been posting updates and logs here for the past 4 weeks without getting an answer, but as soon as you mention "formal complaint" and "switching back to TalkTalk" , a VM Team Member jumps right on it 🙂
bob2207
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Maybe it's just because they've been busy with other people's problems ...

Letter has gone, recorded delivery. I should get an acknowledgement within 48hrs (let's see) and they aim to "resolve" all written complaints with 28 days. Oh that would take us up to about the 18th July, how convenient!

0 Kudos
bob2207
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 44
Flag for a moderator
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 36 of 44
Flag for a moderator

bob2207,

Just for awareness, because it could look as though we'd abandoned you, I have been replying to you on your other thread here.

🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
bob2207
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Jen,

Thanks ... I don't at all feel abandoned by you! 

Bob.

0 Kudos
bob2207
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 44
Flag for a moderator

To anyone who is watching this post ... I had a 5th engineer visit, arranged by Jen from the Forum team, on Saturday 23rd June. He removed the HDU and attenuator which the 2nd engineer had installed and thought that would help. It didn't and I had an outage within 2hrs. As agreed with Jen, who had reviewed the data I had posted as well as my next door neighbour's which showed no outages over a 48hr period when I had experienced over 20, a ticket was raised F006314395 .. which is A SINGLE USER ISSUE ticket, i.e. nothing to do with any area-wide issue! So far nothing has changed, though Networks thought they had fixed as they said I had an 18hr outage free period on the 26th June. Not sure why they thought that as I had 19 OUTAGES that day. So the ticket was sent back to them ... that was last Thursday. I forwarded my complaint and the reply from the complaint team to the CEO office on the 20th and got an acknowledgement on the 21st which said one of the team would be in touch "as soon as possible". Since then I have had nothing form them, so have emailed them and brought them up to date with the last engineer visit and the single user ticket raised with Networks, suggesting they might want to get in touch with Networks and get them to treat this with some urgency! It's seven weeks now and, only recently, has anyone recognised that what is wrong here is something specific to my installation (perhaps the hub?? ... which was about to be swapped 3 weeks ago but wasn't due to the assumption, without any evidence to support it, that High Utilisation was the cause of the outages ..!) I don't know how this is going to all end up but it's hugely disappointing that it's taken so long to get to this stage. It seems to me that most of the people with whom I have had contact are constrained by following process rather than using common sense ... Here's a sample of my recent BQM data ... https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4d49b835ff97950ca611017893993ee98a... https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/12db57f30ad4d58a5b392891f4a4103d43... https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/95d6ca5bf0a365b57875a05ff4496bf3d9... Not very nice is it? Bob.
0 Kudos
bob2207
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to mention that all the Complaints Team replied with was that, as I'd been offered compensation for "High Utilisation" outages and refused this, that we were in DEADLOCK and that I could go to CISAS if I wished ... very helpful, not addressing the problem at all despite the fact that I had given them data which would indicate that this had nothing to do with "High Utilisation".

I despair  ..

0 Kudos
bob2207
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hello, If anyone from the Forum team is watching this could they get an update on ticket F006314395 for me please? (there was a suggestion it could be linked to ticket F006313262) It's been open a week and a half and I'm still getting multiple outages daily .... I'm in the seventh week of this and, despite lodging a formal complaint and, subsequently, writing to the CEO, nothing seems to have been done about a problem which, all the evidence indicates, is SPECIFIC TO MY INSTALLATION. Here's the last 24 hrs ... typical. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4aca4854b2b7e86713555f619fcba38ecf... I have had over 200 outages since I started monitoring 22 days ago. An average of 10 a day. As I only started monitoring 4 weeks after we were installed and first experienced the problem, I estimate we've had well over 400 outages since we switched from TalkTalk to Virgin 8 weeks ago. In frustration. Bob.
0 Kudos