cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet connection since Outage problem

Julzski
Tuning in

We had an outage problem in W3 London area since December 2022. Apparently this has been resolved around the 8th January 2023.  I say apparently because we are still experiencing an intermittent internet signal. Virgin put a remote monitoring, 24 hours later they sent a message to book an engineer which we did. Three Engineers arrived over a few days The most senior one changed all the connectors, however problem not solved. The app connection test is showing that there are intermittent problems in our area. The engineer is saying it should be all fine. I am literally banging my head against a wall. Working from home is impossible. Please help

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Julzski,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear that you've had an ongoing issue with your broadband connection since December. 

We've been able to check our systems and can see that you have spoken with the team today and have been able to arrange a repull. Please do let us know how things are after this visit and if there is anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Kind regards

Beth

Hello. I was subsequently contacted by Faye to confirm that some work will be done outside of our property. However, I am receiving text messages saying that someone is attending our home on Tuesday and that someone has to be in. I don’t know what’s going on. Mixed messages. I have had three engineers/ technicians attend my home in the last week or so. Also, our internet has been completely stable since Friday evening. However, as previously has happened, along comes Monday morning and it drops. Let’s see however. 

Hello Beth. From last Friday and right through the weekend our internet signal was solid and stable - no issues. Monday was absolutely fine too. Along came Tuesday morning and 7.38am the signal dropped. What is going on? Please help as we cannot continue like this. This internet is not fit for purpose. 

Complete shambles. Another engineer/ technician arrived yesterday (24th Jan). He called prior to arriving and said he’s booked in to move the router. I told him that there was a repull booked as per the message and a subsequent call from Faye. He checked with his manager and confirmed that there was no repull scheduled. I told him the whole story about are problems. He said that he will check the connector at the green Virgin box on the road. He then confirmed that he will book in the repull and get back to me to confirm once that has been done. I haven’t heard from anyone since. Today we are back to the intermittent connection and no prospect. Please help. 

We understand the frustration Julzski, when did you last speak to the team in regards to this? The bet number to call on would be 0800 052 1734 which is directly for the install team.

Rob