cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet but website says no issues.

emwallace
Tuning in

Internet has been going down for a few of hours a day for the past week. We tried calling virgin media multiple times and the response is 'our engineers are working on the issue but its very complex' however when testing our hub on their website it says there's no issues at our address. As my partner works from home this is very worrying as we have no proof if the net does go down whilst he is working. There also isn't an estimated fix date and what we pay each month is just ridiculous for this service. At least give us some form of update. It seems impossible to talk to a human on the phone or even live chat as it forces us to check our hub which apparently has no issues. This is for the NP20 6EW area.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi emwallace, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with the service and for your experience when contacting the team. 

I have taken a look from our side and can confirm there is currently a fault ticket logged for an outage within your area relating to SNR (Signal to Noise ratio). Our team are currently working to get this resolved and have provided an estimated fix date of the 16th May 3pm. 

For information regarding our loss of service credit policy, please see here.

Please get back in touch if you experience further issues following the estimated fix date and we will be happy to provide any updates. 

Thank you, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

nath_ngt
Joining in

I'm having exactly the same issue, also in the NP20 6EW area. Has been going on for a couple of weeks, I could havd written the same as you. The only difference I've had is Virgin Media came and changed my Hub 3 but clearly the wider issue is the main problem. I've been lucky in that it's not often been erratic/dropped in the normal working hours but most evenings it's absolutely horrendous. Tried finishing some work tonight and have given up as the connection is constantly dropping. My work laptop is connected with an ethernet cable so has nothing to do with the WiFi, it's whatever the 'ongoing issue' in the area is, that's been going on for weeks now. Hope there's some resources put into actually working out what this problem is as it's so frustrating. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi emwallace, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with the service and for your experience when contacting the team. 

I have taken a look from our side and can confirm there is currently a fault ticket logged for an outage within your area relating to SNR (Signal to Noise ratio). Our team are currently working to get this resolved and have provided an estimated fix date of the 16th May 3pm. 

For information regarding our loss of service credit policy, please see here.

Please get back in touch if you experience further issues following the estimated fix date and we will be happy to provide any updates. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Thankyou for getting back to me on this.

I ended up making a complaint after it kept happening, which I had a response yesterday and since the Internet has been fine, which is a massive relief. Some people had been experiencing the same thing in my area which had been going on for twice as long as my issue so I was concerned it might have been a long-term thing. 

Thanks again for the swift response, it is appreciated.

Thanks for letting us know that your issues have now been resolved @emwallace

I'm glad that you are no longer having issues with your services but please do let us know if you have any issues in the future.

Regards,

Steven_L

It is a lot better than what it was, it has gone down a couple of times since but not everyday and for not as long. But at least we know now that it could happen until the 16th and have informed my partner's work about it.

Hi @emwallace thanks a lot for your confirmation that's great news.

I've just checked the status of the outage for you, and unfortunately it does appear to have been extended slightly though - the new estimated fix time is 20 May at 15:00.

Hopefully you're not affected by this too much but we should have it fixed for you soon.

Many thanks 

Tom_W

Unfortunately the net has been down both yesterday for a bit and today has been worse. This is getting a bit much with the date constantly changing as well. I haven't been told of the date being changed again so can you advise what is happening here? 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back in touch.

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing the issues with the service.  I have checked things from our side and can see the outage has now been closed as resolved.  

Can you please confirm if you are still experiencing the issues or if you have seen improvements? 

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks 

Nat