cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent fault

Robbie808
Just joined

The Internet has been poor and cutting out a couple of times a day for the last couple of months. Tonight it was out for an extended period so I rang up, I was told it was a known firmware fault (why this was known and not dealt with...) and an easy fix. Most of the conversation was spent with the 'technician' trying to add o2 packages. The Internet worked again 30mins after the phone call, then cut out again and the stream box wouldn't work. Attempting to get hold of anymore assistance has been impossible, please help!!

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ignore what the CS agents have said. See this to start...

Firstly... Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

----------------

Also check for known network issues.

Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Robbie808, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your service, we appreciate this must be frustrating and we will do all we can to help. 

Can you please confirm if you have been able to follow the steps provided by jbrennand? If so, what were your findings? 

Also if you could update the thread with the answers to the questions provided, it will assist us with the diagnostic checks. 

Thank you, 

Nat