cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent dropping of connection

asviap
Joining in

Hi

My connection drops every day multiple times intermittently, since moving to new hub 4. Anyone facing similar issue? Any resolution?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Firstly... Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What is the Hub ring light - doing when it happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi asviap, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with disconnections. 

I've had a look at the Hub status and can see all power levels and signals are looking good. There hasn't been any hub disconnections registered so it sounds as though the WiFi is dropping out. These links should help you to optimise your network to help improve any dropouts. 

Wi-Fi hints and tips
Wi-Fi troubleshooting

If you are still having an issue once you've gone through these links, please pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs