cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent dropouts

phs1df
Joining in

I get intermittent whole house dropouts about 1-6 times a day. They are momentary, but disruptive. Virgin hub 3.0 stays active.

Anything I can do? Or is it a whole area thing? Called 150 numerous times.

89 REPLIES 89

Hi tslat2,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for the issues you're having with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look on our system and it looks as though an engineer is required for this. 

I will private message you so I can get this booked in.

^Martin

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @tslat2,

Thanks for chatting with me privately.

I am glad we have something in place for you, please do let us know how the engineer visit goes!

Look forward to your update.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

TomC153
Joining in

Hello, I am suffering intermittent dropouts using my Virgin Media Hub 3. This is affecting wired connections as well as the Wi-Fi, and there does not appear to be any wider issues in my area. All wires are firmly connected. I have both reset and factory reset the hub a number of times, but it goes down again soon after that.

I set up a broadband quality monitor in May to track this, and you can find todays 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4bb56b10db56cf60647f9c75539e0e5b6a... 

This is what it has looked like over the past few days. It is frankly not good enough and I would like to get this solved as soon as possible.

Hi @TomC153

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your service. I can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help.

I have been able to access your service and everything looks to be working in order. However, your BQM  does show intermittent activity. For this reason, I have sent you a private message, please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

markbivvy
On our wavelength
<a title="Broadband Ping" href="https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ce573b840700ed3bb7e7cb270666221a2d49da91-19-08-2022">My Broadband Ping</a>

can anyone tell me how to cure this please 

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/1df8f6bb32fc84fca2d800b2dcc4645184b6808e]My Broadband Ping[/url]

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @markbivvy,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to see that you're having some connection issues according to the BQM charts you submitted.

Can you please tell us what issues you're having and how they're impacting your services?

We'll be happy to help as soon as we have a little more information. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thanks for the reply P.

pc works fine (hard wired)

having trouble connecting anything via wifi,phone and tablet connects but drops out almost immediately at times,other times they stay connected.

been like this about 2 days now.

buy the way router check via pc tells me our phone is not connected ,but it is.

first bit of trouble we have had since this new set up has been installed.

Hi markbivvy,

Thanks for coming back to us today and confirming the issues are with the WiFi connecting. 

Checking our systems, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There are no faults open that may be affecting you either. 

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi. 

If that doesn't help, as you have the Hub 3, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here.

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team