cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent dropouts since June 2022 when we upgraded to 1gb Broadband

Turahok
Joining in

Hi forums

We use to have the M350 on the Hub 3 for over a year. This was fine we had no issues with this. only the one off area down issue but everything worked. WiFi was fine all around the house.

In June we done an upgrade to the Ultimate Volt bundle (1gb) with the Hub 4 upgrade. First month my computers where fine. But my partner started reporting dropouts on her Samsung S20FE and also her Laptop which is a Lenovo (2017) Laptop. Also Our Samsung Smart TV Keeps buffering and that is wired. 
I called up faults for the first time in July 2023. They said there was Intermittent faults in the area and wait for a month. After a month of drops outs they got Engineer 1 out. Engineer 1 said noise level in the cabinet was too high so he lowered it and he done checks on everything. ok a week later, Partner reported  more Disconnections on phone and also it happens between midnight  to 1am. We  called faults a few more times, Also we got the Wifi Pod.  
A month later we got engineer 2. He came said Noise in cab was fine and he gave us the hub 5. It worked fine for about a week. Only couple of Disconnections.
But as weeks go by we ended up with a lot more drop outs including the Wifi. I changed Channels, Split wifi 2.4 and 5 for a bit. Tested it a week between but nothing seems to have improved the dropouts. Had some area dropouts.
A few more call to Faults and engineer 3 came. Engineer 3 checked cabinets, Done tweaking and lowered the noise   again. 
After this it became so frustrating. Girlfriend was constantly angry and keep telling me about the dropouts.
She has Vodafone which has very poor  signal here so she uses wifi calling as she needs it for Doctors appointments. She been off work on the sick for 8 months due to Chronic Illness. We got a landline phone just because her mobile has poor signal and now the Wifi keeps  dropping for wifi  calls. 
The big problem now is that the Landline uses the Fibre Connection. 

Engineer 4 came and he checked the box on the house outside and also the cabinet again.
More drop outs after this for couple months. 

Engineer 5 (Same as Engineer 1) came over a month later, Rewired the cable inside, Open faceplate rewired them, Then outside rewired box on house, He lowered the noise again in the cabinet and also said this is all he can do. I told him its been like this for a year  since he first came and nothing has been done about it. Engineers just keep coming and problem hasnt been fixed. 

Now this brings me to last week where we had big issues in the area and internet gone off for hours at a time each day. I had to miss some   work due to it. 

Please can you help me with this, Its been ongoing for a year and faults arent helping and engineers not seem to be able to fix this,
Theres a few more things I cant think of but will post when I remember on here.

Thank you for reading

Jesse

3 REPLIES 3

Turahok
Joining in

Hi Everything is flashing red again on the Hub This is going on for a long time
Started today at 18:30

Sounds miserable and possibly chronic. Post your hub stats. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi Turahok

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear about the service issues you are having.

Flashing red lights on the Hub 4 indicate that there is an issue with the telephone system. Make sure all cables coming into and out of the Hub are pushed in firmly.

Could you also please check here for any known area issues.

You can also log in to run a test on the equipment.

If none of the above solves the issue, please let us know and we can send you a private message to investigate further. 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide