cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection

george64
On our wavelength

Hello, have been with Virgin since the start and also before, when it was NTL, almost 30yrs I would think. All that time I have had itermittent connection loss on ethernet and wifi. On older modems before the hub 3.0, all modems would reboot on signal loss, this doesn't happen with the Hub 3.0, white light stays on continiously. Normally I have a seperate router - Synology RT2600 and Hub in modem mode, but have since removed to illiminate this as a problem. Over the last few months this connection loss has gotten worse, can happen as little as once a night to multiple times a night. I have tried over the years to call them and everytime I do the results are the same, everything is fine according to our checks, so I gave up calling them, until today, and the answer is still the same apart from we can#t send out a technician as no fault found, but if you pay £25 we can. I have replaced ethernet cables, checked all internal connections are tight and not damaged, taken out my router and connected my main PC directly to the hub and anything else that can be hard wired directley to the hub, the only place the fault can be is from the box on the outside of my house to the cabinet in the street, possibly cable and/or connection degradation due to age?? 

Connection loss is more noticeable when gaming (Call of Duty) or when browsing YouTube.

Graph.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

george64
On our wavelength

Thanks for your help, currently unable to access link

something's gone wrong

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

It's something at our end, and we?re working as fast as we can to fix it.

If you try again later everything will be sorted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Need to do anything else?

Take me to:

My Virgin Media home

Virginmedia.com

Help & Support

Contact Us

george64
On our wavelength

Thanks for your help, can't see anything on there yet, will check later

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me @george64

Have you manged to find it? If not I can pop back to our PM and confirm that for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

george64
On our wavelength
Thanks, have found it on phone app, not showing on PC

george64
On our wavelength

Thank you Zak_M for arranging tech visit, very helpful tech turned up this morning and sorted power levels out, he has also arranged for repull of cables on 3rd December due to noise on the cable.

Thank you

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi George64, 

Thank you for updating us on your visit. I am glad all went well:)

Please do keep us posted on your repull.

Zoie