cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection and downstream Db levels on Hub3

andreijalba
Tuning in

Hi, thank you all for reading first of all. 

On Tuesday last week I was notified through SMS that there'll be work done in my area and since then I've been having issues, but mostly only at night (which is very weird since it's fine during the day, and at night the status web tool says "the engineer is aiming to fix the problems by 3pm" every day). The modem starts flashing the green wifi and connection logo, and on the modem page it says "Limited connection(US Only)". I'd like to mention that i'm using a Hub3 currently with a Hub5 scheduled to arrive on Wednesday.

Trying to fix these issues myself and going through this forum (since you can't call anyone at night) i've looked at my Network Status and these values look pretty bad (at least for the downstream Db levels). Could this be from the work they're "supposedly" doing every day and night, or would I need to have someone over? Also would swapping to Hub5 fix these issues?

Network status logs in the comment below. Thank you!

EDIT: I've also fully reset the modem.

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hopefully a VM person will respond on here with an update on that fault reference

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi andreijalba, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're still having intermittent connection issues.  I have looked up the reference number you've provided.  I can see there is an issue in your area which would explain the faults you're experiencing.  The current estimated fix time is today at 4:00pm.  I do need to reiterate that at this time, that is estimated.

Regards

Lee_R