cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection after works

nikka
Tuning in

Hi, 

Virgin media has done some works in my area last Friday. After that my internet connection is flaking. I work from home and I really need a stable connection, however during that day for multiple time a day internet drops and reconnect after few seconds. I can't keep going like that.

Any advice?

Thanks

Nikka 

7 REPLIES 7

g0akc
Problem sorter

wired or wireless connection?

set up a BQM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

it is wireless, and it is not going ok 

image.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Either you have the wrong i.p. address in the BQM settings - or the Hub (or your own router) is set NOT to respond to ICMP echo requests "Pings".

Or you have absolutely no connectivity!

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

that doesn't help me understand why my connection is not stable in any case

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It will show whether the drops are due to network connection problem or just wifi related.

Can you test on an ethernet connection and see if that remains stable? Also - what Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @nikka,

Many thanks for your recent post. I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've been having following recent work in your area.

I've located your account and have run some further checks from our end - your downstream levels are out of spec and would require a tech visit so we can take a look into things.

I'd like to get this booked in for you, so will just send you a private message to confirm some details.

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @nikka,

Thanks for getting back to me via pm. As advised this is all booked in for you and you can check the appointment via your online account if needed - My VM.

The date/time can also be changed if required.

Please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide