cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent broadband

Mbarnett87
On our wavelength

In the past few weeks we've had COMEX2000 & OPENREACH working in my town.

Since Tuesday the 11th when they were working in my street, the broadband connection to my apartment block and a number of other residents in the street have had connection issues like myself.

I've reset, rebooted, unplugged and even gone through the router and done the same. 

The broadband connection is randomly dropping and cutting out all the time. 

What are mine and my streets options with rectifying this? 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes I do, finally.... 

Since the 11th October my broadband connection has been appalling.

Trying to get VIRGIN MEDIA to send out an engineer or replace my Hub is like trying to get sh*t out of a rocking horse.

I'm now trying to get VIRGIN MEDIA to provide my employer evidence of connection issues so I don't lose my work from home job. 

Since 11th October my connection loss and downtime during my working hours was roughly 25 hours 46 minutes.

I started a BQM last week, but this isn't enough proof / evidence for my employer.

This is how it works.... I work, I get paid, I pay for VIRGIN MEDIA. 

In the last few weeks I've been unable to fulfil all my work hours because of VIRGIN MEDIA. 

So.... I didn't complete my full work hours, I won't get full pay, but I still have to pay VIRGIN MEDIA.

VIRGIN MEDIA is a company run by clowns, they don't understand how difficult things currently are.

RANT OVER!! 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Those companies infrastructure should be separate from VM, and should not interfer with VM broadband,

However if the whole building is having VM problems, then get VM to check it out.

You can ring in or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mbarnett87
On our wavelength

Thank you for reply. 

I found it strange they were working in and around the green box.

I'll hold fire calling VM, I'll wait for a VM Mod to pick this up.

Mark. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Mbarnett87, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the service, we will do all we can to help. 

I have taken a look from my side and can confirm there are no area issues reported and everything does appear to be running within specification. 

With this being the case, how have things been since your last post to us? Have you seen any improvements? 

Thanks, 

Nat

I've got a feeling it's my Hub 4, the broadband is on & off all the time.

Since last Tuesday it has been going on and off several times a day for up to 20 minutes at a time. 

I've again rebooted my Hub 4 and the issues are still happening. 

Working from home has now become impossible, a few of my neighbours are still having a similar issue. 

Every 50 minutes the broadband goes off for up to 20 minutes.

What can I do? 

This needs sorting ASAP, I rely on WiFi Calling for work, I can't get a signal to call VM and I can't get WiFi Calling without my broadband connection.

Thanks for coming back to the thread @Mbarnett87.

Can you please confirm how the connection has performed over the last few days?

Have you possibly set up a BQM to see if any drops or latency has been present on the connection?

No outages appear in the local area as it stands.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

This is now beyond a joke.

The connection still has issues (on & off), Virgin Media won't send out an engineer or replace my Hub.

Can someone please give me a reason to stay with Virgin Media?

What's a BQM? 

BQM is broadband quality monitor.  Get one here and it monitors down time etc - and gives you proof to virgin who often deny there's a problem.  https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Brilliant, thank you.