cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent broadband

mattjcarter
Joining in

Hi VM, 

I have been directed here by your twitter comms team. 

Since Sunday, we have have have had an intermittent broadband signal which also included the TV signal on Monday morning. Yesterday (Tuesday), the service status finally showed an issue being investigated which was 'resolved' in the afternoon. However, the service since 9am this morning has been regularly dropping. I have been patient and to be honest, I'm really irritated that I have to post on a community forum begging for help on this when it is your issue that has not been resolved. Please resolve keep me updated.   

Below is the past 24 hours. 

mattjcarter_0-1628068861124.png

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you please pop up your modem stats....

Go to to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) but don't log in. Click on "router status", and copy & paste the data from each of the tabs.

You've mentioned the service status reporting a known issue - is this still ongoing now? Check on the automated line (0800 5610061) if you've not already, this is often more reliable for street/postcode-level faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help, but it seems they have now accepted there is a 'complex' problem locally. 

In case it helps, the info you requested is as follows:

Cable Modem StatusItem Status Comments

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Provisioning State

Hi mattjcarter,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I have tried to have a look our end however wasn't able to locate your account with the details we have for you.

Have we advised what the issues is, are there any updates in regards to the fault and fix times on our Service Status , you can sign in there and register for automaic updates either by Email or Text.

Regards

Paul.