cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent broadband issues

ModTeam

Hi all,

Unfortunately we have seen a repeat of an earlier issue which is causing intermittent broadband connectivity problems for some Virgin Media customers. We apologise again to those impacted our teams are continuing to work flat out to find the root cause of the problem and fix it.

Regards,

Community Moderator Team 

112 REPLIES 112

According to my Firewalla Gold+ router which runs is own BQM tool my issues started at 0130BST today

Screenshot_20230404_185230_Firewalla.png

Screenshot_20230404_185223_Firewalla.png

SH5 Modem Mode, Firewalla Gold+ Router, Ubiquiti U6 APs

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

I'd doubt it.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

@Loosecanons wrote:

Broadband had been flaky all day.

Interrupted WFH.

I thought it was because I'd changed my contract after the inflation busting rises,  so captive for the foreseeable future, but apparently not.

Do we get a refund?

You don't, as it's only applicable after reporting a full outage over 48 hours (2 working days):

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

@Scottyboy99 wrote:

"Congratulations! You have a new rank in the Virgin Media Help & Support Community"

This makes up for everything. I cannot work properly and my kids are driving me nuts because some things refuse to work. However with this new dialled in rank I feel elated.

Jokers!!!!

can they change your rank title to DIAL UP rather than Dialled In🤣  ...sorry, tickled me. I've also had a mare of a day and just as I needed to take an important call my VoIP died and was like WT F!?!  thanks Virgin, your timing was spot on as ever.

This is not the case. I use OpenDNS and have used it for the last 6yrs.

And i still have no internet, so not DNS.

Hub3 on Modem mode. PFsense router, and Ubiquiti UniFi AP's with controller. Pi-Hole DNS.

I have limited access, but when I use my VPN I have full access.

bankie
On our wavelength

Its from a product called ThousandEyes. I use it as part of my job.

This link is also pretty useful.

Without wanting to jinx it for everyone, so far, in area 14, it seems Broadband and Stream are back up. Looking at my BQM seems to have started to stabilise. (Touch wood)

It’s always best to be positive but we all have crappy days.

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Gig1

Yep similar here in area 5, bit more stable. 

SH5 Modem Mode, Firewalla Gold+ Router, Ubiquiti U6 APs

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

Does look to have stabilised again. Here's a loss graphic of a test pointing towards VM network. Note the overnight issue as well as this afternoon's.

VM Issues2.png