cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent WiFi with 2.4GHz completely missing

Dannig23
Joining in

Exactly what the title says. No 2.4GHz available anymore on my router. With the WiFi constantly dropping out. I have the hub 3. Already checked all connections and turned the router off and on and reset the router 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There are lots of reports similar to this where a firmware bug in the Hub3 causes one of the wifi channels to either switch off or change its name (sometimes to "1").

Go into the Hub settings and see if that has happenend.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I’ve done the 192.168.0.1 got the webpage but it keeps telling me the password is wrong even though I’m using the settings password on the bottom of the router

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You will have to do a pinhole reset as below in order to get it back to factory settings.

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3/4 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

With the Hub still switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections (leave the co-ax connected) and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time.

Leave it 10' or so to re-initialise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @Dannig23,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you've been having some problems with your Wi-Fi service recently. Are these ongoing today? If so, have you followed the advice provided by @jbrennand to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!