cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent WiFi outages. No upload speed

Oharecr
Joining in

Morning,

I’ve been experiencing issues with my WiFi over the last 24 hours. There are no known service outages in my area. I’ve performed soft and hard resets on my router and checked all the physical connections. 

I’ve checked the virgin diagnostic tool and it says there is an issue with my router. I’ve run a speed test and the upload speed is non-existent at. 0.02mbps. The tool suggests an engineer come look at my connection 

@mods: is there a way I can do this on here?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond here but it can take a few days - try calling in.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Oharecr,

Welcome back to our Community Forums. Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some connection issues with your home network.

Can you tell us if you're experiencing the same issues on a wired connection? What speeds are you receiving when using an Ethernet cable?

I was able to locate your account on our system and I cannot see any issues that could be causing this problem. There are no power level issues - all are within spec. 

Would you be able to set up a BQM chart and let it run for 24 hours, so we can monitor your connection and see where the drop outs are? 

Please keep us updated, we'd love to help with this issue. 

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs