cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Signal Issue In Your Area

RadicalRooster
Tuning in

Hi all,

I've recently moved house - At my last address my Virgin broadband connection was always very reliable. I think it went down once in three years. By connection I mean connection to the internet, not WiFi signal.

At my new house however, my connection seems to drop multiple times per week.

I had an engineer set everything up, he did multiple tests and was here a long time. Since then I've tried reaching out on social media and on Virgin's phone line, but both were pretty useless unfortunately.

The only explanation I kept getting was asking me to 'check everything is plugged in' and to 'reset my Superhub 3', which I of course did right at the beginning.

Running a test this morning via the Virgin status page says there's an:

'Intermittent signal issue in your area'

That doesn't mean a lot to me. Calling again today I'm told 'it will be fixed as soon as possible'.

It's been a month of dropping connection now, does anyone have any advice in terms of how I can escalate this to get this solved?

26 REPLIES 26

Hi Zach

Just the wireless I think. The Tivo cable box seems to be fine - no flashing lights when the router lights flash.

Thank you for your response @Jill1206.

Are you able to test with a wired device (connected by an ethernet cable) to see if the issue persists? This will let us know the root issue.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

georginahenson8
Tuning in

Me too. It's driving me mad. Took me forever to get my booster I got told numerous variations of who could sort it.  My internet is intermittent I've done the search. Restarted.l everything.  Checked wires as the app instructs. Bill is the same price. I get fobbed off with it's the speed it reaches the router they don't care about anything else. 

Cant wait to cancel contract 

Thank you for your response @JanetP1952

I have run a test on your service and I can see you are experiencing some issues based on your hub data. For this reason, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

The router tv and broadband all work. Intermittently I have an issue with the signal even though testing is showing no i

problem. I don’t know what else to say, I’ve explained this a number of times now. In the last couple of days my WiFi seems to be working ok, but that has happened before and then I get the same issue again 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know, Jill1206. 

We're always here - so if you need to pop back to us at any point then please do so. 

Cheers,

Ryan. 

No problem @JanetP1952 🙂 Glad to have been able to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team