cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Signal Issue In Your Area

RadicalRooster
Tuning in

Hi all,

I've recently moved house - At my last address my Virgin broadband connection was always very reliable. I think it went down once in three years. By connection I mean connection to the internet, not WiFi signal.

At my new house however, my connection seems to drop multiple times per week.

I had an engineer set everything up, he did multiple tests and was here a long time. Since then I've tried reaching out on social media and on Virgin's phone line, but both were pretty useless unfortunately.

The only explanation I kept getting was asking me to 'check everything is plugged in' and to 'reset my Superhub 3', which I of course did right at the beginning.

Running a test this morning via the Virgin status page says there's an:

'Intermittent signal issue in your area'

That doesn't mean a lot to me. Calling again today I'm told 'it will be fixed as soon as possible'.

It's been a month of dropping connection now, does anyone have any advice in terms of how I can escalate this to get this solved?

26 REPLIES 26

Hello hcoffield

Sorry to hear this

I have had a look at few things and the Broadband signal is out of range

Its an easy fix though, We just need to arrange a Service Technician to attend

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Jill1206
Tuning in

I’ve got the same issue and I haven’t even moved house! I’ve always had an excellent signal and internet access. Since Christmas it’s been very patchy. I actually thought it was my phone at one point

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Jill1206, 

Thank you for your post. 

Is it possible you can expand on the issues you are being faced with here please? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

I have a good WiFi signal but intermittently any website I access, I can only load the front page. If I try to click into any links in the website I can’t get any further. This has only started happening recently, I’ve always had excellent access

Hi Jill1206,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue whilst trying to access websites! 

Could you answer these questions for me please - 

• Does this issue occur on any other devices?
  • Does it happen only on WIFI connections? 
  • Could you pop a screenshot of what happens when this issue occurs so we can see?

Thanks!

Megan_L

It happened on all my devices, iPhone, iPad and MacBook 

My house doesn’t have a good mobile signal without WiFi so I only use WiFi at home

i can’t send a screenshot at present as I’m not at home but basically the screen just hangs, sometimes it has a circle turning on the screen, other times nothing happens at all.

I have had the same issue with my broadband. I go through all the requested remedies, turn everything off at the wall and restart. I’ve even factory reset the router which was a real pain as I have the signal split 5g and 2.4 and had to contact Virgin to get it sorted. At the end of all of that I then get the intermittent signal issue in your area message, even though I’ve already put my postcode in to check for local issues and have been told there are none

I am having the same issue - usually a good signal. Now this has started, I have  tried all the troubleshooting suggested when the Intermittent dropping happens, and "no problem in your area" comes up. This started back in November and some days are Ok and other days it drops maybe 10 or more times, which is no good when working from home. I think I need an engineers visit. Help!

Hi @Jill1206,

To clarify, are you able to confirm if you have tested a wired connection and if the issue is the same? If you haven't done so yet, can you please try a wired connection to see if the issue is the same?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @JanetP1952,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been facing some connection issues recently. I've taken a look at things on our systems, and I'm unable to detect any faults on the line currently. Are you having problems with your wired connection too, or just wireless/Wi-Fi?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I don’t understand what you mean? My phone, iPad and MacBook aren’t wired to the router?