cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Network issues - RCS Partial Service/Time Synchronization Failure

leggy_mambo
Joining in

Connection has been dodgy for a while with noise on the line reported. It usually resolves but today I've been without internet since 1230. 

Cecking the router status there's plenty of RCS partial service entries and then finally a critical 'received response to broadcast maintenance request but no unicast maintenance opportunities receoved'.

I've rebooted several times and it's made no difference. I've checked the cable.comnections and all are tight. Any further ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

lotharmat
Community elder
ANy ongoing issues reported on 0800 561 0061?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thank you. There's no known problem on the service status checker. Will the phone line staff know anything different?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its not staffed - its an automated info line - its often more up to date for post-code specific issues.

VM Areas are NOT geographic so limited local issues may not show for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi leggy_mambo,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your broadband connection. I'd like to say a quick thank you to our VIP's for the helpful advice they provided while you were waiting for us to pick up the thread. 🙂

Taking a look at your account, I've checked the area first of all and there is nothing untoward showing. All is looking good and as it should be. I've looked at your Hub, and again all is looking good. Power levels are all in range and at optimal levels and no faults either. 

I can see there are a lot of devices stored that have been connected to the Hub so it may be worth doing a pin hole reset. Hold the pin down for at least 45 secs to ensure it resets. You will need to reconnect your devices to the WiFi. I would set up a BQM graph too so we can monitor things. You can do this by clicking here

Post the live graph URL here and let us know how things go after the reset. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs