cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Internet issue

dimpleandandrew
Joining in

Hi All,

I am having an intermittent issue where every day my interent drops out. This affects all devices and both WiFi and ethernet connected devices.

I have had 2 engineers out and they have changed everything including the router but still I am getting the issue.

My phone/laptops say either 'Couldn't get IP address' or 'Couldn't Authenticate Connection'

Everytime I phone support they run their tests and say Everything is fine and then suggest i reset my router and thats their permanent solution.

When I turn the router on and off the Internet comes back on, the same happens when I perform a pin hole reset but there is obviously an underlying issue.

I entered the advanced settings and ran a network diagnostic when my Internet was working at got the below results which surprised me seeing as the Internet was actually working at this time:

Your home network has a few problems.

Checking Broadband Service
 Checking Telephone Service
 Checking Ethernet Connections
 Checking WiFi Connections

If you still think something is wrong, please check the following

1Gateway IPv4 address is valid.
2Your broadband connection is working.
3Your broadband connection is ready.
4The temperature of your Hub 3.0 is normal.
5The device **:**:**:**:**:** has low signal strength, please move it closer to Hub 3.0.
6Please place your WiFi device near the Hub 3.0.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated as virgin do not seem to be able to help,

45 REPLIES 45

Hi @dimpleandandrew

I'm going to drop you a message so we can get this looked at, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

All questions have been answered. Internet has dropped twice already today. Would love something to be done sooner rather than later as it is causing too much disruption having to reboot and then wait for everything to eventually come back on line.

Can somebody please arrange for a network engineer to come out and rewire the greenbox or cab as I think it is referred to. This is the only thing that can possibly be causing my Internet to drop still as every thing else has been changed and all 9 engineers that have been sent out have also said that the greenbox needs changing on the street. How do I get this done?   

Hi @dimpleandandrew

I can see you have been liaising with my colleague Travis via PM who is looking into this for you.

Many thanks for your patience.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi all,  Just to let you know, my issue seems to be resolved now. Nobody is quite sure what the problem was but having been upgraded to the hub 4 and we have had 0 dropouts since!  

Hi @dimpleandandrew

Thank you for keeping us updated. This is great to hear!

If you have any further issues or need any assistance with your services, please do not hesitate to come back to the community forums. We'll be here to help. 🙂

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley