cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Drops & 2 Hub visibility - Is this Normal now for Virgin Broadband?!

samraj
Tuning in
TEST_DATETIME_ZONEDOWNLOAD_MEGABITSUPLOAD_MEGABITS
07/13/2021 11:34GMT169.8920.85
07/13/2021 11:22GMT1.6817.77
07/13/2021 11:11GMT2.0720.16
07/13/2021 10:22GMT48.420.71
07/13/2021 10:20GMT16.1719.91
07/13/2021 10:18GMT3.320.17
07/13/2021 10:15GMT10.622.25

See todays Internet connection above - I had a total Internet Dropout from 11:28-11:34 - is this normal? I've had this problem for last 6-8  weeks. As I work home, in the middle of a meeting I go dead and it's a matter of 'earning your living'!! They've now replaced my external cable and given me a new Hub, however the problem is ever present. Internet goes DEAD at the Hub itself as there's no difference with the Ethernet cable too. Even today after getting a new Hub I can still see my old Hub in my Wifi connections - this surprised the Virgin guy who came to replace the cable as it appeared in his Wifi list!! Appears like there's no solution for me?? I

41 REPLIES 41

In the graph above & link from BB Quality Monitor, you can see clearly see 2 Red lines indicating Packet Loss - although the outage is for 8-10 mins it can be significant when working from home?!

Absolutely - the T3 timeout (upstream) will have likely caused problems for the RCS (downstream) and you will have partial service.

If the modem cannot fix this - it drops connection and tries to re-sync channels.

To the end user, this looks like a reboot.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

What will be the solution? When it works it's fantastic, but I've been plagued with dropouts throughout the day, many times in a 24hr cycle

Guys - Any solution for me? Is this the New Norm to live with Dropouts??!

VM would likely need to send a tech to investigate!

They'll pick this up shortly!

Thanks! I've a Techie booked in for tomorrow and had 4/5 of them in the past 6 weeks - they've replace external cable from nearest box and given me a new Hub. Apparently I'm the only subscriber on this cable!

Yikes!

Have any of the techs changed the cable from the 'drop' (outside) to the socket inside?

Mine had degraded and was causing all manner of issues!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Show the Tech the upstream power levels... as Iotharmat says they are on the low side ask if if they can increase them to get them more into the middle of the range.

And check all the connections are nice and tight and all loose ends are terminated correctly and there is no damage to the external cabling

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

They've replaced almost 200mtrs of cable under the road and changed all connectors on 30 June, been given a new Hub on 1st June!! 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I am not techie enough to advise but I think they can change your "tap" (connection position) in the street Cab to change your power levels.

Someone else may comment whether that could help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.