cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Connection & Missing 5G

LemonyEmily
Joining in

Hello!

Looking for some help with my phone data. 

I have a Samsung S21+ with 100GB of Rolling data (Which I never deplete) - I've been with Virgin Mobile for 3 years, and had my phone since it's release. 

My husband has the exact same setup, same phone, same phone cover, same data same everything.

Since about 4 weeks ago, I have been having an issue using my phone outside my house. 

I have very low bar 4G (In a strong 5G area)i used to be able to connect to 5G no issue. 

I have very laggy mobile use, - Apps take forever to load, WhatsApp messages are laggy, and phone calls are crackerly. 

It's very intermittent my connection and although it says 4G or 4G + it feels like I'm connecting to 3G or E. 

I have checked all the settings:

The network setting.

Tried to change network operator

I have gone to the extent of formatting my phone (rest to factory settings)

I've pulled the sim card out, and restarted in all the combos, I've removed my phone case while out. 

My husband has been sta ding next to me, with the exact same set up, with a 5G connection and no problems.

Any ideas? - I'm losing my mind with it now haha

Thanks kindly

• Emily 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thecableguy
Up to speed

have you tried swapping sims over see if it's the handset?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

thecableguy
Up to speed

have you tried swapping sims over see if it's the handset?

YES!! We have just done that. 

My husbands sim in my phone = 5G

My sim in my husbands phone = 4G (Low bar)

Sounds like a sim card problem 

Certainly does, perhaps posting your issue in this thread may help.

I've called them up, they are going to send a replacement Sim 🙂 

Hi there @LemonyEmily

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your services and thank you to @thecableguy for their help and advise on this so far. 

Great to hear that you have the new SIM heading out, are you able to let us know how things are looking once its arrived and activated? 

Thank you.