cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Connection Loss - MK41

iriches
Tuning in

I've suffering intermittent connection losses on my VM broadband.

When the connection goes down, one of the lights on the front of the router (the vertical double-headed arrow) changes from blue to green.  Running the VM service status check reveals no problems in my area, and tells me to check the connections to the router and/or try rebooting it.

The connections are all fine.  Rebooting has no effect.

It normally fixes itself in between 1-3 hours. The green light will spontaneously turn blue again, and all will be well.  Until the next time...

As the online page seems to want a 24 hour period of no service, I can't work out how to book an engineer.

Screenshots from the router are shown below.

Any clues on how to get this fixed?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20210717-161701.jpgScreenshot_20210717-161643.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Something not right there.

What Hub model is it exactly - printed on the base sticker?

CFan yoiu do a pinhole reset at per below and also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. on known faults and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. See if anything is reported.

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. See if that sorts it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi iriches,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the broadband issue you're having. 

I have been able to locate your account and have taken a look on our side. 

After running some check our system has advised that we have identified a short term network issue and we are working to resolve this very soon. 

At this point in time we would advise monitoring the connection. 

^Martin