cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Broadband

Suzie56
Joining in

Hi

For the past week my internet connection has been periodically dropping out throughout the day. It is usually only for a matter of seconds but while working at home has inevitably caused disruption  to Zoom meetings and lost emails. 

I have tried all the tips and checks and there is no service issue in my area. I have tried to make contact via email but receive an error message in response.

Can you please help. 

Sue 

37 REPLIES 37

Please raise your own posts if you require assistance

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I thought I had, I'll try again. Thanks

TMcGRed
Tuning in

Hi, 

I'm also having issues like this.

Can you check if there are issues in my area too & an ETA of when it will be fixed?

It's frustrating that I'm paying for 200mb broadband but can struggle to get even half that! 

Thanks 

@TMcGRed wrote:

Hi, 

I'm also having issues like this.

Can you check if there are issues in my area too & an ETA of when it will be fixed?

It's frustrating that I'm paying for 200mb broadband but can struggle to get even half that! 

Thanks 

Start your own thread for assitance please

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Facing same problem in Harrow for the last 2 weeks.

Hi Apartha77,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear your connection over the past 2 weeks has been intermittent, I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any issues at all, your levels are all in the green.

Are all devices being disconnected or just yours, is this happening all the time or at certain times, how many people/devices are connected when this happens?

Regards

Paul,

Simoni86
Joining in

We have just signed up to virgin broadband after always being with sky.

The choice to swap providers was a no brainer when we compared download and upload speeds.

My wife depends on the Internet for work, she provides training courses online from 8.30 - 4.30. Since signing up with virgin the broadband keeps cutting out for a few minutes which means she losses contact with her students until it reconnects. 

The router is downstairs at the front of the house and her office is upstairs at the back of the house. Signal reaches the room but we have a tp link booster just to give full bars.

Today after cutting out I plugged her laptop directly into the booster but it still cut out. It cut out a total of 3 times today. 10:16am, 10:52am and again at 12.55pm. After the last one I put her back onto our sky broadband which is luckily still active in which she experienced no problems.

As you can imagine this is something that can't continue. 

After reading through this forum i can see we are not the only ones this has happened too. 

Hi Simoni86,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome to both our community and Virgin Media, sorry to hear your wife is facing issues working since taking our services, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.