cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Broadband

Suzie56
Joining in

Hi

For the past week my internet connection has been periodically dropping out throughout the day. It is usually only for a matter of seconds but while working at home has inevitably caused disruption  to Zoom meetings and lost emails. 

I have tried all the tips and checks and there is no service issue in my area. I have tried to make contact via email but receive an error message in response.

Can you please help. 

Sue 

37 REPLIES 37

paven
On our wavelength

Sorry Sir! (wow I've been told).

My thread is now two weeks old without a reply from Virgin, it also was 'hi-jacked' by another poster who coincidentally has the same problem in the same area, but do I care? And someone who took time to tell me I shouldn't call it the Hub a Superhub. (Extremely helpful but didn't cure the intermittent dropouts)

Surely its better that one thread can cover one area as it affects all of us in that area? Or is it the more threads the more useless replies can be posted correcting what i called the hub (yes, I know it wasn't you this time). But hey whatever. Good work Gary! More Kudos coming your way!

Area codes are for billing not geographical locations; for example Area 19 is for Portsmouth but it’s also for Manchester (157 miles apart).

Another area covered by my “area code” is 97 miles away.

Area 21 covers both EN and SO postcodes which are miles apart  

So no, area codes are not relevant for faults. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

paven
On our wavelength

That's your first useful post, I didn't know that about area codes. 

How do I find out if the fault affects me then, if Virgin wont answer even after 2 weeks?

Same issue in Area 20. It has become very bad in last few days.

I am also in area 20 and have the exact same issue.

I finally managed to get through on the phone and they are sending me out a replacement Hub 3.0

I expressed that I doubt replacing the hub was going to help and I could see from my network statistics that the issue started on the 20th and has got increasingly bad.

aeloen
On our wavelength

New hub has been setup for a day. Makes no difference.

aeloen
On our wavelength

Engineer has been out. Checked / tested all cables. Splitter replaced at property ingress also optical fibre > coax converter replaced.

Engineer confirmed everything setup OK. Engineer left property and literally 30 mins later it went down again.

Every time I contact CS they make me go through the same questions again and again, wanting to send out wifi boosters etc (my computer is connected via ethernet and I have Google Home Mesh WiFi... it's not the WiFi).

So frustrating.

Hello PriyaSuneja,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I can see from our fault checker there is work going on in the area. This is currently having an adverse affect on your services which I apologise for. However it also has a fix date of today (9th Oct) which is good, although just an estimated date. 

Please monitor your services tomorrow and come back if you need an update.

Thanks.

Megan_L

vc12345fg
Joining in

Hi I'm having the same issue as others in terms of intermittent broadband. The internet drops for a few seconds and this happens often during the day which is very disruptive to my work calls. Can some one please help?

I've been having the same for weeks.  It drops for literally two or three seconds - but if I happen to have clicked on something in that second then I have to reload the entire page.  This is happening multiple times an hour and is making working from home almost impossible.  It has so far taken me four attempts to post this (we'll see if it goes through this time) because it is cutting out so frequently.  If it happens while going through a shopping transaction then I have to go right back to my basket and go through all the security again.  And last week it cut out in the middle of an interview twice and it took ten minutes each time to get back into the videocall.  I've been on hold to Virgin Media over half an hour with no one answering but this is so infuriating that I have to wait and get this sorted.  No amount of hub reboots is fixing it.  Please help.