cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Broadband

Suzie56
Joining in

Hi

For the past week my internet connection has been periodically dropping out throughout the day. It is usually only for a matter of seconds but while working at home has inevitably caused disruption  to Zoom meetings and lost emails. 

I have tried all the tips and checks and there is no service issue in my area. I have tried to make contact via email but receive an error message in response.

Can you please help. 

Sue 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jodi

I really appreciate you taking the time to come on the forum and provide us information.

I know this is not your fault, however I cannot help but feel incredulous and disappointed at the state of this service. The expected fix day is over a week away - how on earth am I meant to work from home like this? This introduces a serious professional risk of me hemorrhaging clients and work.

Please can you keep us updated and let me know if there anything that can be done to expedite this. At the very least I do not expect to be billed for the affected period - - are you able to confirm that we will receive a service credit?

Many thanks!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

37 REPLIES 37

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi  there @Suzie56

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post - sorry that you've been having some drop outs on your broadband recently; thanks for already checking for area issues. 

I have located your account from your forum details and I can see that you are in fact impacted by a known area issues - it is a congestion issue which can cause intermittent services for your broadband and some TV functions. 

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to help resolve the issue - this issue has been raised under reference number F007906086 and has an estimated fix date of 20th May 2020

Please feel free to pop back at anytime with the reference number and we'll be happy to check for updates for you. 

Your account will also be noted. 

I am sorry about any downtime - I assure you that we're doing all we can to  get things back up and running again for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

paven
On our wavelength
I've been experiencing the same problems here (area 21), is the same problem? Can someone check?

Area 21 here too - connection keeps disappearing, making it impossible to work from home.

Hi as90 ,

Thanks for posting on our community page. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing similar issues with intermittent connection.

Like my colleague Katie in the above post I have located your account from your forum details and I can advised you that there is an SNR issue which may cause an intermittent connection with your internet and TV services. 

We area aware of this issue and it has been reported under reference number F008031879. It is estimated this issue will be resolved by the 20/05/20.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards Jodi 

paven
On our wavelength

Does this apply to me also, as I am in the same area?

Hi Jodi

I really appreciate you taking the time to come on the forum and provide us information.

I know this is not your fault, however I cannot help but feel incredulous and disappointed at the state of this service. The expected fix day is over a week away - how on earth am I meant to work from home like this? This introduces a serious professional risk of me hemorrhaging clients and work.

Please can you keep us updated and let me know if there anything that can be done to expedite this. At the very least I do not expect to be billed for the affected period - - are you able to confirm that we will receive a service credit?

Many thanks!

We understand it's frustrating as90, rest assured the team are doing all they can to fully resolve the issue as quickly as possible. 

We appreciate your patience at this already difficult time.

Rob

Shug07
Tuning in

I have only been with Virgin a short while.  I joined due to it being the fastest and best.  However I keep having problems.  The WiFi keeps being slow and sometimes it is going off all together.  This is becoming a daily occurance.  I would be grateful for some help.

Hi

Can you please provide an update as the problem has persisted beyond 20th May when it was due to be fixed.

Also you refer to my account being "noted". Does this mean I will receive a refund in respect of the poor service during the past month?

Thank you