cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Broadband issue

dereks2003
Tuning in

Hi

For a while now my internet connection has been periodically dropping out throughout the day. It is usually only for a matter of seconds but while working at home has inevitably caused disruption  to Zoom meetings.

I have tried all the tips and checks and can see no service issue in my area.

Can you please help

10 REPLIES 10

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
On a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Both.  Most devices (v6 boxes and games consoles) are wired direct to hub3 but also some WiFi via laptops/phones.  Had the issue a few months ago but was eventually resolved when engineer replaced all the wall connections (said the 3rd party connectors were allowing leakage or causing interference into the system - don't recall exactly what he said).  Been working fine since until recently when problem started reoccurring - nothing in the setup has been changed between the issue being fixed and it reoccurring.

Hi dereks2003,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband service. 

Can you confirm if you're continuing to have issues?

^Martin

Hi Martin

Doesn't seem too bad at the moment but it does come and go - any advice?

After a couple of days where it has not been too bad, it has now gone back to going off regularly.  Nothing has changed and no extra usage so at a complete loss as to what is causing the issue.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @dereks2003,

Thank you for the update with this.

How is your wired connection for you at the moment?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley

I'm still getting intermittent problems where I lose Internet connection (both wired and wifi).  It is difficult to know how often this is happening as it only usually goes down for a few seconds.  It is most noticeable when the kids are playing online on their games consoles - when it goes down they have to reconnect to their game.

Is there a log that would record how often this is happening?

You can setup a BQM to monitor your connection

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Excuse my lack of knowledge but I have no idea what a BQM is - presumably just Google it to find out how to set one up?

Thanks