cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Broadband >1 week

C_SM27
Joining in

We've been experiencing  intermittent broadband for around 1.5 weeks; typically dropping off completely more than 10 times a day for varying timeframes but usually a few minutes or so. When the broadband is working, the speed is as expected. The frequency is a major issue getting in the way of general usage such as streaming, gaming, browsing etc. When the network drops all connected devices face issues independent of whether they're wireless or wired (directly to the Hub).  

So far I have:

• Rebooted the Hub multiple times
  • Restored the Hub to factory settings multiple times (timed 60 second hold of the pinhole - I can see the Hub reconnects after this)
  • Checked all connections to and from the Hub

I have called customer services twice now to which one recommendation was a factory reset - and the second recommendation was to use your WiFi pods which is surely complete nonsense for several reasons: the issue occurs with wired connections, the Hub positioning/WiFi signal had been fine for 4 months prior.

Finally, I cannot even access the Hub settings using the 8 digit settings password on the base of the router. We have never changed any passwords associated with this Hub and even a factory restore does not reset the settings password.

I have setup BQM with thinkbroadband and will post the graph once enough data has accumulated but I assume the problem is deeper than resets.

Any advice please?

1 REPLY 1

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi C_SM27,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your broadband service. 

When you have attempted to sign into the hub to amend the settings did you get any error message? If so, what was it?

^Martin