cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent BroadBand

Ryeowen96
Joining in

Hi, I have had broadband installed since the 23rd June which is the 1gig download with the hub4. This hub was installed upstairs in the office but since the install, I have had very intermittent Wi-Fi in the living room which is directly below the office. The issue is also in the kitchen but you get next to no speeds at all. In both rooms, the Wi-Fi signal is there but no download speeds.

I have rang support twice who told me they will put me on a waiting list for some pods or something but that was over a month ago and no update. 

could anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ryeowen96,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have bee having some issues with intermittent broadband. 

I have checked your account and can see the WiFi Pod has been ordered since posting and its in transit 🙂

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are connections on ethernet cables and also wifi sat near the Hub - all ok ?

To address the wifi shortcomings of their Hubs, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (not “boosters”).

Pods are free to 1GB or Ultimate Ooomph package customers others will be charged £5/month. If they are free to you they are well worth getting and offer a simple solution.  Order via the phone or a VM person will do it here in a day or so. They are now back in stock.

If not, at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever and which will cure all your wifi problems.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have checked all connections and they seem to be fitted as they should. I am currently on the 1Gig speed internet so they should be free for me I guess.

Could any VM staff member help me get them ordered as I have tried over the phone for over a month with no luck?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They respond here in a day or two so just hang fire on here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ryeowen96,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have bee having some issues with intermittent broadband. 

I have checked your account and can see the WiFi Pod has been ordered since posting and its in transit 🙂

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs