Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittant WiFi

Hi, Wi-Fi intermittently drops out during the day but more frequently at night when my son is on his PS4, Called help line many times now but they saying hard wire PS4! . His PS4 is upstairs and router is down stairs. I tried all tests and scanned rooms with app which says all OK, Also tried a TP-LINK booster and still the same! Not sure what to do now? this is so frustrating can anyone suggest something - would a second router in his bedroom work so he could hard wire?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intermittant WiFi

Wifi speeds and connectivity aren't guaratneed.

You can run some wired Access Points to improve the wifi or look into a Mesh System

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I am not an expert on this so please bear with me, when you say an access point would a Power lIne adapter work better than my booster? not to sure of access pointdetails?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No powerlines are also prone to slow speeds

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for the advice , Can you recommend a good access point? also would I connect the access point to the router and then all devices  to the Access Point or just the PS4?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

An access point requires a wired connection back to the router.

It depends if you want to run a cable to where the AP will be.

If not, then a Mesh Systen would be better suited.

0 Kudos