cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermitent connection since tuesday WV13 area

lordoftime79
Tuning in

During the hot weather I have had massive down time with my 200 broadband package, its on then its off, then its on, then its off - I booked an engineer and they was supposed to come today but then had a text saying they couldnt make it and it would be tomorrow in the mean time I am stuck here with no working internet - do virgin offer a backup of 3g/4g internet for such situations? just that both my wife and myself are disabled so the internet is our lifeline from shopping to NHS booking and prescriptions, not to mention our source of entertainment as most days I am too ill to leave the house. even if the engineer is able to fix the problem tomorrow I am nervous about being left without internet in future and would like the option of a backup system.

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @lordoftime79

Thank you for your post and I am so sorry to hear this has happened! Can I ask if the engineer has now been and how are things looking if so?

Can I ask if you know whether your account is flagged or not for priority appointments? Although not really a back up system, it may mean that in the future we are able to get an engineer out to you sooner? 

Thank you.

Hi there yes we had a engineer then a member of the networks team too - both took a look and said its the green cabinet overheating and we have got to put up with it? I mean what the hell? I am steaming - so not happy.... basiclly Virgin expectme to have spotty or no internet for the 3 to 4 weeks of heat we have per yer? I bet they still want paying though!

I am so sorry to hear this @lordoftime79 I will send an email to the Area Field Manager, the person responsible for the engineering team in your area and see if they have any notes to explain what has happened here. I will let you know what is said once I have a response. 

In the meantime would you like me to look into your account to see if we can add a flag on for priority visits? 

Thank you. 

thank you and yes please. Do you need any details from me?

No problem @lordoftime79 I will send you a PM over now so we can get this added on.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.