cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interference in broadband and yellow light

Roxpen
Joining in

Hello I am a new virgin customer for broadband and have been having problems with intermittent internet. My hub had always had a yellow light and when I do status it says there is interference on all wifi connected devices - even my phone if I'm stood  right next the hub. I have rebooted hub under advice on helpline but no difference. Does anyone have any advice please?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The yellow light usually means the Hub has one of the cheap LED's that are known to "fade".

are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens - particularly the "yellow" base light and green wifi lights - do they flash?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Roxpen,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your broadband connection and seeing a yellow light on your Hub!

You can always take a look at our WiFi Troubleshooting page to see if this can help identify the issue.

I was able to run some further checks on our systems and I can see that your downstream power levels are currently out of spec and could be responsible for causing your connection issue. In order to have this issue resolved, we would need to arrange for a technician appointment to attend your property to carry out the needed checks. 

Before I can book this in for you, I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs