cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intemitant broadband. Need an engineer

Mikey1231
Tuning in

I am having a constant battle with bad broadband connection, signal is intermitant and its now impossible to have a stable wfh day. It is beyond frustrating trying to talk to anyone from VM, no actual person. Its been going on for 6 months+. Anyone else experiencing constant braodband dropout? Need a VM engineer to either fix my local broadband equipment or fix issues external. 

Latest test:

Screenshot_20210812-091941_(1).png

15 REPLIES 15

Heya, 

Called the number and currently no known issues in my area. But, have managed to get a engineer booked on Monday, finally. If the problem persists after I'll update this thread to try and figure out another avenue

Hi Mikey1231, 

Thanks for your post and welcome tot he Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. I'd like to say a quick thank you to our VIP's for the helpful advice they provided while you were waiting for us to pick up the thread. 🙂

It sounds as though there may have been an open area fault recently which has since closed. 

I'm glad you've been able to arrange an engineer visit. You can track your appointment by signing in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders.

Let us know how the visit goes and if you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath_F,

So having booked an engineer, they cancelled the appointment, as they were investigating a network problem. This was as of last Thursday. However, at the time there were no known network issues that were coming up on the service status pages nor via the phone number where I can see local issues. 

Right now the the intermittent problems are still persisting, I cant book an engineer as apparently there are network issues, but also cant get an update for these issues as via the standard channels of inquiry there are apparently no known network issues in my area.

I'm going around in circles. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry about the ongoing issues @Mikey1231. Taking a look into this now there's no longer any area issues communicated and everything appears to be OK - so I'm hoping things have improved for you now?

Tom 

Hi Tom,

I managed to re-book an engineer for yesterday and it seemed like my whole street was having the same issues, according to the engineer.  I think the issue was two-fold, basically older hardware/compatibility issues and an area problem, all the hardware that could get swapped out was and as you said it seems like the area issue was also fixed. 

Either way, I finally have stable internet again.

Out of interest, to your knowledge is there any method that VM has in communicating to its customers about local hardware changes/upgrades they make and the effects it could have on certain products (hubs). If for example a recent upgrade might affect hubs of a certain make over a year+ old, knowing something like that for me as a customer would be useful when trying to troubleshoot with support.

Mike  

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Mikey1231,

Thank you for the update on your situation.

I am glad that you have stable internet again, I am sorry for the issues with the connection recently due to Outages/Network issues.

I hope you have a nice weekend.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide