cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent wifi pod noisy and dropping out

Jongas
Tuning in

Hi, 

I have 2 intelligent wifi pods along with a super hub 3.

Ever since installing the pods (and the powerline boosters before this) the extenders are always dropping out, and recently one has become very noisy with a loud fan sound coming from it. 

Can virgin replace this and also look at upgrading the super hub? as I am sure something is not right with it given the frequency of reboots needed and instability of the connections to the pods.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems there is a small risk with this and previous VM advice has been to unplug the noisy device and await a replacement via VM forum staff https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Noisy-intelligent-Pod/td-p/4854803

How do I contact forum staff?

Anonymous
Not applicable

They will get to this thread shortly. Given the potential hazard I'll bring it to their attention too. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jongas, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on the Community.

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Pod's. 

I will need to take a look in to this further so I am going to pop you over a private message now. 

In the mean time, please ensure that the equipment is powered off over night and when left unattended.

Speak soon, 

Nat

Hi Natalie, could you or another forum team member please message me around this same issue (ongoing)? Thanks 

Hi there @Jongas, thanks for the update. I'm sorry to see that you are still experiencing the same issue.

I can see that you had a technician visit for this issue previously, when they visited what was advised?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan, 

could you DM me and I’ll send you the full story?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jongas,

We're more than happy to assist you further with this. If possible, can you please post the main issue on this thread? Please exclude any personal information. 

This is so if other users have similar issues or the same issue, they will be able to see any resolutions that we have advised.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi, it’s the same issue which was not resolved when the engineer arrived, long story but he referred back to the call centre as said he didn’t need to visit, for them to send a replacement which hasn’t happened - have full details but didn’t want to post it all here as relates to the service rather than the issue which might help others