cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent Wifi-Pod not working?

murof
On our wavelength

The pod no longer seems to be working as it just seems to slowly pulse green (or white, I can't really tell the colour).

I have restarted the router and the pod and it stays the same.  I don't seem to see any reference to the pod in the router which is connected via an ethernet cable.

How can I tell if this is working?

17 REPLIES 17

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @murof

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry see this is happening with your WiFi Pod! 

Can I just ask if you have been able to access our WiFi pod help page at all here?

Thank you. 

murof
On our wavelength

Hi Ash

Thanks for responding.  I have seen these pages, but there's nothing to tell me what is going on with mine and what I can do to restore the functionality it was providing.

No problem @murof and thank you for confirming! 

I'd be more than happy to run some diagnostics from my side but from what I can see the Hub is currently reading as having some connection issues. Are you able to perform a factory reset for me? 

To do this push a pen etc into the 'reset' hole at the back of the Hub and hold it in for around 30 seconds. 

Thank you. 

murof
On our wavelength

I'm not at home at the moment but can do it when I get there.

Just to confirm, you want me to reset my Hub and not the Pod?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi murof, yes please factory reset the hub. If the troubleshooting tips for the Pods haven't helped then possibly there's a wider issue with the connection.

Further to the advice above - it's my understanding the reset button needs to be held for 60 seconds to ensure it completely resets to default settings.

Once that's done and set back up - if you continue to experience issues please post your Hub/network connection details so we can check to see if there is a problem there. If you're unsure how:

In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. If you have a hub 2 or 3 when the page loads don't log in but click ‘Check Router Status’. If you have a Hub 4 when the page loads log in and then click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy full sets of data onto here from the downstream, upstream, &  network logs pages and paste them here. Copy full sets of data onto here from the downstream, upstream, &  network logs pages and paste them here. Please don’t post screencaps - if you copy/paste the data the forum software should blank any sensitive details out for you. 

You can also set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Tom 

murof
On our wavelength

Hi

So I have to reset my Hub to default settings because the pod is not working?  I have a lot of devices connected to it and people using is, and the hub itself is and the wifi from there is working fine.

Why do I have to do this and lose all my settings on my router?  Why can't I just reset the pod?  the pod is the only thing not working.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If you're confident the problem lies with the Pod then go ahead - however I assumed you'd have covered that when going through the troubleshooting tips referred to above.

Tom 

murof
On our wavelength

Well, everything is working well, apart from the area covered by the Pod, and the fact that it has a constant pulsing light showing tells me something is wrong with it.  But there is no way of investigating this or even resetting the device that I can see.  I don't understand why VM are being so secretive with the settings/configuration of this device.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The troubleshooting guide explains that to reset them you just unplug them, if that hasn't helped then there could be a fault with the device - however as far as I'm aware we can't offer replacements from here you would need to speak with the faults teams on 150/ 0345 454 1111 for help with that.

Though I wouldn't rule out potential wider issues, as I've run further checks on your services and can see there are potential issues with the power-levels which is why I advised to try a reset/posting hub logs so we can double-check for any issues there as well. 

Tom