cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent Wifi Pod Swapping Hub

ClassicWebby
Joining in

I had a wifi pod delivered to clear up a blackspot which worked perfectly with my hub3, i have just upgrade my package to 1gb and got the hub 4, have unplugged and replugged in the pod to try to get it to connect to the new hub4 but the light constantly flashes and doesnt turn off like it did with the hub3 and the blackspot is now back. The connect app doesnt work with the hub4 either so i cant try to set it up that way. Any help please?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Pods need to be paired to your Hub. As you have a new Hub then that needs activating onto the new Hub as they are different MAC i.d.'s - looks like yours hasnt been done.

You will need to call the equipment activation line, on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Is that just if the hub4 isnt working? because that is and i now have the faster speeds, its just the pod that won't connect to it? On phone to them now anyway to check, she said they should just auto pair and when i said it wasn't and its been like 45 mins she she's gone to check something and put me on hold

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A few people have reported that moving the Pod to next to the Hub helps, and some that the left it for a few hours and then when they came back it had connected !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

after a while on hold she came back and said plug it into power and then connect to the new hub for an hour with an Ethernet cable and that should reset it so we shall see.

Thanks for giving me the correct contact number and option though 🙂

@ClassicWebby - I'd love to know if leaving the WiFi Pod connected to the Hub with an ethernet cable completed the pairing process or not. I've got a new Hub and need to solve the same problem.